LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING OUTDOOR ADVENTURE IN CORNWALL THIS SUMMER? WELL, ENTER OUR COMPETITION AND, IF YOU WIN, SNAP UP SOME FREE TICKETS TO RIDE THE ZIP WIRE SAFARI AT VIA FERRATA CORNWALL NEAR PENRYN. THIS IS A PROMOTIONAL FEATURE…
The summer is here and it’s time to head outdoors. But what activity or experience to choose in Cornwall over the next couple of months? Well, if you want an exhilarating, fun and unique experience then you are going to love this: Proper Cornwall has teamed up with the Duchy’s most exciting outdoor adventure centre to bring you the best summer Cornwall competition 2023!
Via Ferrata Cornwall is offering FREE pairs of tickets to its Zip Wire Safari experience to anyone who WINS our competition by having their name drawn out of the hat at the end of August 2023. That’s right. All you have to do is answer a question, enter our competition and be drawn at random as one of our winners. And then you could be enjoying one of the most exciting outdoor experiences in Cornwall with a friend or family member over the next couple of months.
Wanna know what the Zip Wire Safari is all about? Then watch this video…
But, for the uninitiated, what is Via Ferrata Cornwall? Well, for the full details on this unique attraction, read about it: here. Or, if you want a breakdown on the five stages of adventure at the attraction then take a look at our special feature: here.
In short, though, Via Ferrata Cornwall, which sits in a tranquil granite quarry on a 60-acre site near Penryn and Falmouth, is billed as a ‘unique high-wire challenge’ in the heart of the Cornish countryside. Meaning ‘iron path’ in Italian, a ‘via ferrata’ is a course of metal rungs and wire bridges on a steep rocky terrain for climbers to traverse. In all its different forms, it’s a challenge that tests the climber and, of course, it’s tons of fun.
Of course, you can ask about doing the ‘via ferrata’ challenge another time but this competition is all about Via Ferrata Cornwall‘s Zip Wire Safari, which is the other unique experience on the site and is for anyone aged 10 upwards. In fact, people in their 80s have completed the Zip Wire Safari so don’t worry. This is not about being super-fit or an avid daredevil. It’s about enjoying an experience like nothing else for miles around.
Going on Safari!
The Zip Wire Safari includes six mini training zip wires and three pairs of big zips, meaning that you enjoy at least six big zip rides over one-and-a-half hours of exhilarating fun. What’s a ‘zip wire’? Well, it’s a sturdy cable that stretches out between cliff faces. And you get to wear a suspended harness and literally ‘zip’ down the wire at a fun speed in total safety.
You get to soar through Via Ferrata Cornwall‘s stunning historic quarry on these zips and you’ll also get to experience the unique ‘dual zip’ that allows you and a friend or family member to launch off the edge of the quarry and literally fly round the course in tandem.
There is a little cliff edge traversing to get from to zip to another but, of course, you’re in a harness and safety is always paramount at Via Ferrata Cornwall. You are safely clipped in during the entire experience. In fact, it’s impossible to accidentally unclip yourself. Plus, you get to enjoy the breathtaking views up there in this idyllic Cornish countryside.
Still not sure? Sounds a bit full on? Well, you need to know that fully qualified instructors will take care of you throughout the Zip Wire Safari 2023 experience. You don’t even start the course until you’ve gone through a special training zone where you get to learn how to zip-line safely on smaller zip wires.
And then it’s off on safari! Anyone can take part in the experience unless you are under 10 years old or over 18 stones in weight. Anyone between 10 and 14 years old can do the experience but they will need to be accompanied by an adult throughout the course. Anyone between 14 and 18 years old can do it without an adult but adults are encouraged to watch from the special viewing point on the course or the café area. In fact, check the official website for height, weight and fitness level requirements: here.
Via Ferrata Cornwall has teamed up with Proper Cornwall to give away three pairs of Zip Wire Safari tickets that can be used until the end of October 2023 in this ‘best summer Cornwall competition 2023’!
Our competition in partnership with the team at Via Ferrata Cornwall opens at 10am on Tuesday 1 August 2023 and closes at 5pm on Thursday 31 August 2023. You must have your entry in by then.
The prize for three lucky winners is a pair of tickets each to enjoy the Zip Wire Safari experience at Via Ferrata Cornwall. If you win, we will inform you and you can then arrange the tickets yourself with the venue. Entrants must be 18 years old or over. Anyone can enter, regardless of whether you live in Cornwall. But you can only enter once. However, your family and your friends are welcome to go for it too…
Just remember: there are three pairs of big zip wires across the quarry for you enjoy, as well as six mini training zips, should you win this competition. You can’t beat that for a unique experience!
All you have to do is answer this question:
HOW MANY PAIRS OF BIG ZIP WIRES ACROSS THE QUARRY ARE THERE AT VIA FERRATA CORNWALL?
Not sure? Then read a few lines above again for the answer…
Email your answer along with your name and your age to: firstname.lastname@example.org
By emailing and therefore entering our competition, you will be added to our mailing list so that we can send you our regular monthly newsletters letting you know what’s happening in Cornwall and much more besides. You will also be added to Via Ferrata Cornwall‘s mailing list to find out what exciting offers and activities are taking place at the attraction in the future. If you do not want to be added to either mailing list then please let us know us in the email. Also, please read our “Terms and Conditions” below.
We will let everyone know the winners after 31 August 2023 via the Proper Cornwall Facebook page. So, answer that question and enter now! And pretty soon you and a friend or family member could be flying through the sky like a Cornish honey buzzard at one of the most exciting attractions in the Duchy. GOOD LUCK!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS for this “Proper Cornwall x Via Ferrata Cornwall Zip Wire Safari Competition”
1. By entering this prize draw you are agreeing to these prize draw terms and conditions.
2. The prize draw is being run by Proper Group Ltd via its “Proper Cornwall” website and social networks.
3. The prize draw is open to entrants over 18 years of age only.
4. In entering the prize draw, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win.
5. A maximum of one entry per individual is permitted.
6. The prize draw is free to enter.
7. All entrants will be added to both Proper Cornwall’s and Via Ferrata Cornwall’s mailing lists unless otherwise requested in the entrant’s entry email.
8. The prize draw opens at 10am on Tuesday 1st August 2023 and will close at 5pm on Thursday 31st August 2023. The draw will be made at that closing time. The winners will be drawn at random. Entries after that time and date will not be included in the draw.
9. To enter the prize draw simply email Proper Group Ltd (“Proper Cornwall”) the answer to the question ‘How many mini training zip wires are there at Via Ferrata Cornwall?’ along with the entrant’s name and age to the email@example.com email address.
10. Proper Group Ltd will not accept responsibility if contact details provided are incomplete or inaccurate.
11. The prizes for successful winners are listed above on this page. Every winner will win a maximum of one prize. The products and experiences in the list above have been donated as prizes.
12. The prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
13. We reserve the right to substitute prizes with another prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond our control make it necessary to do so.
14. The decision of Proper Group Ltd regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
15. The winners will be notified on or after 31st August 2023 via the emails provided by the entrants. Proper Group Ltd will attempt to contact the winners by email up to two times. If any winner does not respond to the emails notifying them of their win within 14 days of the second email, they will lose their right to the prize and Proper Group Ltd reserves the right to choose and notify a new winner. Collection or delivery arrangements for the prizes will then be made through mutual agreement.
16. All entrants consent to any personal information they provide in entering the prize draw being used by Proper Group Ltd for the purposes of administering the prize draw, and for those purposes as defined within our Privacy Notice.
17. An announcement of the winners’ first names and ages may be made via Proper Group Ltd’s “Proper Cornwall” website and/or social networks.
18. All personal information shall be used in accordance with Proper Group Ltd’s Privacy Notice.
19. Proper Group Ltd does not accept any liability for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrants as a result of either participating in the prize draw or being selected for a prize, save that Proper Group Ltd does not exclude its liability for death or personal injury as a result of its own negligence.
20. Proper Group Ltd reserves the right to cancel the prize draw or amend these terms and conditions at any time, without prior notice. The prize draw and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
21. This competition is a sponsored competition (or ‘promotional feature’ as indicated at the commencement of the editorial above) in partnership with “Via Ferrata Cornwall”. It is not, however, sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook.
Good luck to everyone who enters this special Cornwall competition 2023!